Linux OS's

Discuss everything about Linux here!

Moderator: Community Moderator

fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Linux OS's

Post by fredpc »

I have been trying a few Linux OS's >>>>>I have tried....openSUSE...Mint....Puppy and Fedora

I like the look and feel of....Fedora.....but Puppy......runs faster with very little resource

keep in mind I am running older systems (that do run xp )

The question is which one do you use and why ???
Nikey646
Banned
Banned

Re: Linux OS's

Post by Nikey646 »

Well i used ubuntu, becasue it was the msot reocmended one i could find.
It's easy setup, and can be sued on laptops nd normal computers (their's a netbook edition out)
It's easy to install, because you can make it so app's youw ant get installed when you go to install nd etc.
I am Hock on a Drug...
If Everyone Knew what is was, i'd be in Trouble.
But i shall tell you what the Drug is...
It is New Around here but becoming Popular Fast...
It's Name is.
Chattchitto.com
Winrar 3.90 + Winrar 3.92 + Winrar Keymaker = This location--http://tinyurl.com/ycdayek
Scanned by ESET SS V4 and Kaspersky 06
fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Post by fredpc »

Yes people seem to like Ubuntu.....I did look at it on a mates computer....but I haven't tried it yet

Thanks for the reply
ChetanG
Premium User
Premium User

Post by ChetanG »

I used Unix a very long time ago when we used diskettes.
I started with Fedora Core about 7 years ago, long before wireless was supported by the hardware company's for open source.

I dual boot openSUSE and Win7. Highly recommended.

I did try Ubuntu several years ago, but found it was for beginners, who want all the danger and power taken out of the OS.

If you really want a Linux OS that has hundreds of cutting edge tools, go with the command line and forget the Linux OS's that try to mimic Windows lilke Ubuntu.

That's my straight feelings on this matter. Linux has a long learning curve, but when you finally got it correct, Good God do you have the most powerful computer you've ever had. (It does take years sometimes. But you will learn the power of the shell; PERL, and C/C++. I personally love AWK and SED as line editors/text editors too!)

You really want to learn to Hack Correctly? Dive into a quality Linux, and wield the command line like a sword. The opensource community is a wealth of great programmers and people, who will bend over to help a student who works hard and has the right questions.

Enough of my noise......., enjoy and find peace in your life :thumbup:
" Pray: Let the music of peace and harmony be heard everywhere. — Amma "
fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Post by fredpc »

thanx ChetanG......good to know.....I will be offline for a while again so I'm going to give these OS's a run

Return to “Everything Linux”