Renegade1-1
VIP User
VIP User

BackTrack Linux

Post by Renegade1-1 »

Homepage:
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

Description:

Welcome to Backtrack-Linux.org, home of the highest rated and acclaimed Linux security distribution to date. BackTrack is a Linux-based penetration testing arsenal that aids security professionals in the ability to perform assessments in a purely native environment dedicated to hacking. Regardless if you’re making BackTrack you Install BackTrack, boot it from a Live DVD or thumbdrive, the penetration distribution has been customized down to every package, kernel configuration, script and patch solely for the purpose of the penetration tester.

BackTrack is intended for all audiences from the most savvy security professionals to early newcomers to the information security field. BackTrack promotes a quick and easy way to find and update the largest database of security tools collection to-date. Our community of users range from skilled penetration testers in the information security field, government entities, information technology, security enthusiasts, and individuals new to the security community.

Feedback from all industries and skill levels allows us to truly develop a solution that is tailored towards everyone and far exceeds anything ever developed both commercially and freely available. The project is funded by Offensive Security. Whether you’re hacking wireless, exploiting servers, performing a web application assessment, learning, or social-engineering a client, BackTrack is the one-stop-shop for all of your security needs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF92x-coHeE[/youtube]

SCREENSHOTS:

ENJOY RESPONSIBLY !!! :cheers:
Last edited by Renegade1-1 on 21 May 2013, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
L4dyBug
Premium User
Premium User

Re: BackTrack Linux

Post by L4dyBug »

Thanks for sharing. I've had it installed on virtual box for about a month now. :thumbup:
Renegade1-1
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Renegade1-1 »

Yup! What an awesome app, busy with the BT5 R3 torrent. Hoping to have free internet by the end of the week if all goes according to plan :D

Then I can start uploading my movies, games and music and also seed more then I am currently able to do with my crapy 2gb monthly cap.

Can't wait!!!
fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Post by fredpc »

Love this software ......thanx for the share on this one ....I have an earlier version
Renegade1-1
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Renegade1-1 »

It is awesome little application, i have been trying to learn this along with all the tricks - its hard to find comprehensive TUTs (pdf,docx etc)

But enjoying the challenge :arguile:
fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Post by fredpc »

Renegade1-1
The backtrack that I have ......I loaded it up one night and decided to give it a run .....it did share a couple of links for penetration, so I clicked on one .....It took me to a financial company in england ......need less to say I backed out real quick ......I didn't want to be arrested for hacking....so I haven't tried it since
Renegade1-1
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Renegade1-1 »

fredpc » 25 May 2013, 23:51 wrote:Renegade1-1
The backtrack that I have ......I loaded it up one night and decided to give it a run .....it did share a couple of links for penetration, so I clicked on one .....It took me to a financial company in england ......need less to say I backed out real quick ......I didn't want to be arrested for hacking....so I haven't tried it since
oh dear!!! M8 what version do have and where did u get it from? i havnt seen anything like that on mine.....YET!!! but then again i am still learning the basics and trying to hack my work network which imust say i am pleased to say that so far i have been unsuccessful which means i have done my job properly

Return to “Everything Linux”