Shaggy
Ultimate Donator
Ultimate Donator

Zorin OS 6 Core 32bit/64bit linux Distro OpenSource Free

Post by Shaggy »

Zorin OS 6 Core 32bit/64bit linux Distro

Homepage: http://zorin-os.com/index.html

Note pictures may be different on the version and download

Tired of windows: need a change? Read on!

Change can be good, try Linux hassle free all drivers included and no searching for compatible software and more, got the wrong video card drivers. Linux has it all in one package,for beginners to novice, I am changing to Linux, puppy Linux I am running on a flash drive currently as a portable app. The best thing its all free no problems with valid serial keys, or pirated. its free,and opensource. If you like you can donate, or buy a copy, they are as cheap as $2 and up. But you can download a free distro and burn to a cd/dvd, that easy and fast.Everyday they are improving hardware function and overall stability. Companies use Linux, why not.

Multi-functional Image

Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system designed specifically for Windows users who want to have easy and smooth access to Linux. It is based on Ubuntu which is the most popular Linux operating system in the world.

Zorin OS features the unique Look Changer program that has been created exclusively for Zorin OS. It allows users to change the user interface at the touch of a button. Other unique programs include Splash Screen Manager, Internet Browser Manager and Background Plus.

Flexibility

Zorin OS gives users more flexibility. It allows you to use Zorin OS alongside your current operating system and run Microsoft Windows programs in Zorin OS with the help of WINE and PlayOnLinux.

Main advantages:

Super secure Image

Thanks to Zorin OS's immunity to Windows viruses you will never have to worry about any of that nasty malware. And when a potential security threat arises, software updates usually come in a matter of hours. With Zorin OS you are sure to have peace of mind.

Zorin Look Changer

The Look Changer lets you change your desktop to look and act like either Windows 7, XP, Vista, 2000, Mac OS X or Linux (GNOME) for ultimate ease of use.

Screenshots:

more screenshots on website:

Code: Select all

http://www.chrishaney.com/?linux&release=Zorin%20OS%206%20Lite
License / Price: GPL / FREE

OS Type: Linux
Based on: Debian, Ubuntu
Origin: Ireland
Architecture: i386, x86_64
Desktop: GNOME, LXDE
Category: Desktop, Live Medium

Size:

1.3GB 32bit/(1.4 64bit)
Hash: 68d18d52ecb1be390848183bf5ae7228 32bit | 1c330e4e136db6462e80a72294759d2b|64bit

If you wish to install Zorin OS to your computer please follow this guide:
Spoiler: show
1. First go to the Download page and download Zorin OS.
2. When the download is finished burn the image file to a blank DVD (any type).
You can download ImgBurn if you don't have a CD/DVD burning program already installed.
3. When the burning process is completed insert the DVD into the computer and restart with it still in. The computer should boot from the DVD, if not you should change the settings in the BIOS by pressing F12 (or whatever key it is to select the boot device) while booting up again.
4. Press the Enter key to start the LiveDVD, this is a thing that lets you run the operating system off the DVD without installing it onto your computer. NOTE: The Live DVD runs much slower than a the full installation.
5. Click the Install icon on the desktop if you choose to install it onto your computer. This opens a window, now you can select your desired settings.
6. Later you will be prompted to make a new partition, a partition is a thing you make if you want to install an alternate operating system. This slices your Hard Drive to allow the installation of another operating system. The minimum size for Zorin OS Core is 5 Gigabytes (Just remember to leave enough space for your first operating system).
7. During the installation you will be asked to select your language (over 55 are available), your location, time settings, keyboard layout, partitioning settings and import your files, settings and user accounts from your Windows installation (if you have one).
8. The installation should take 10 minutes up to an hour.
9. After the installation you will be prompted to restart the computer, after the restart the computer should boot up into a menu where you choose which operating system you want to start. To select one use the arrow keys to highlight an option and press the Enter key to start the highlighted one. Now you should have Zorin OS installed to your computer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih7AqYcI9o[/youtube]

More information:
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin

Download links:

Zorin OS 6 Core

http://zorin-os.com/free.html
Older versions Zorin OS

http://zorin-os.com/zorinos5.html

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin
[/color]
As Phyllis Diller said: “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight”!
fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Re: Zorin OS 6 Core 32bit/64bit linux Distro OpenSource Free

Post by fredpc »

Thanx for the heads up ....this is a nice Os for the windows user to try Linux :)
Batster
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Batster »

I put this on all my old pcs that my kids use....it is a very "windows user" friendly linux distro
LadyHawke
Th3 M0th3r
Th3 M0th3r

Post by LadyHawke »

I'm gonna d/l it again. I lost it during the rearrangement of my files..
atm, I have Mint to play with on one pc :D
CC Total Customization! | Read The Rules

~If you don't have the capacity to give, you shouldn't have the audacity to take~
L4dyBug
Premium User
Premium User

Post by L4dyBug »

Very nice thanks for sharing. :p
LghPuppy
GFX Team
GFX Team

Post by LghPuppy »

I like the looks of Zorin. I have a free HD that I'm thinking of putting it on. Thanks Shaggy :thumbup:
Please consider Donating
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
ChetanG
Premium User
Premium User

Post by ChetanG »

To All, the beauty of Linux is not in it's GUI as this is only the dress that is being worn.

The power is in the command line and powerful tools are at your disposal in every distro.

It's okay to play around with the GUI and never get into the command line, but it's like going to the book store and never getting past the first aisle of a store with thousands of aisles.

Thanks Shaggy for you excellent post! :)
" Pray: Let the music of peace and harmony be heard everywhere. — Amma "
Batster
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Batster »

ChetanG wrote:To All, the beauty of Linux is not in it's GUI as this is only the dress that is being worn.

T:)

but it looks damn good in that dress.....and we can always tear it off and throw it across the room ;)
Shaggy
Ultimate Donator
Ultimate Donator

Post by Shaggy »

:thumbup: Thank you all for the great comments, and glad you enjoy.
As Phyllis Diller said: “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight”!
fredpc
Premium User
Premium User

Post by fredpc »

Thanx for taking the time Shaggy to post this Os :thumbsup: ........I am starting to like Linux more and more with whats available for download :)

Return to “Everything Linux”