Zooming like Linux?

Discuss everything about Linux here!

Moderator: Community Moderator

blu
Corporal
Corporal

Zooming like Linux?

Post by blu »

Windows 7 has nothing on Linux when it comes to certain GUI features and functionality.

The Linux Ubuntu Zoom feature spoils you then you open Windows 7 and you have to lean forward to see and use things functionally.

I sit a good distance from a large monitor and sometimes need to see things up close to read smaller print.

With Linux you simple press the Windows Logo Key and then scroll the entire screen in or out with your mouse wheel. Similar to the Win key and + / - in Windows 7.

Except you can still function as though nothing has changed. You can still click on things etc. But in Windows 7 zooming in often disables certain features.

I have AutoHotKeyed the controls to allow me to press the Win Key and use the mouse scroll to zoom in or out but the Windows key will often open the Start menu as well as zooming and the function of various things goes away.

Is there a tool out there for windows that gives you the entire screen zoom functionality of Linux that anybody knows about?

A good example of Windows loss of functionality is this:

Zoom in using the "Win key and +"

Now try to scroll with the mouse wheel on this page... it will not allow you to scroll on the page... In Linux there is no loss of functionality. I have to believe there is a Windows 7 version of such a useful tool.

-- 22 Jun 2010, 23:06 --

[size=150:]I found a program that works so so called Q-zoom. I suppose it is really the only thing out there similar to Linux zoom. It is really not anywhere near as good as Linux zoom... but perhaps this is something Microsoft will come around on some day.[/size:]
Last edited by blu on 07 Jun 2010, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Linux”