Discuss everything about Linux here!

Moderator: Community Moderator

Möbius
Premium User
Premium User

Tweak till you peak

Post by Möbius »

Tweak till you peak.

A desktop you may like, but if you dont, fuqu. :)

So here we are starting to mess around with Themes in Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon in a truly basic way.

And there are some great ones out there and some are far more superior than any Windows standard eye-sores.

Here is a bit of a mash up, but hey, I am finding darker themes easier on the eye at the moment. So forgive my ramblings.

This particular desktop is sporting the CinnVIIStarkMenu which can be found in "Themes" by updating the cache then installing it, likewise, so can the "Cinnamox-Rhino" theme.

A screenshot, hence the pink fill.

For fun, mix in some "colour folder" options from the software manager (lots of choices here). Then, for a little bit of familiarity, there's an option of a "windows-7-master" border (see system settings shot). Small things please......

The green ticks indicate installed muckification

Add a splash of 7

Voila! Coloured folders.

The darker theme affects most of your folders/files and adds some nice effects to Cinnamon and even to your browser, which is rather refreshing. Best of all, you dont have to wade through CSS files to obtain some pretty neat results.

The wife says this to me all the time.....

The sky is the limit!!

And.......

If you don't like it, don't complain to me. Just change it back.

No hardship.

:thumbup:

Use Linux And Relax
OnTheLimit
R.I.P
R.I.P

Re: Tweak till you peak

Post by OnTheLimit »

Well compiled and very informative, Thanks Mobi! :ok:

Linux in general and Mint in particular is officially a viable OS option, and I hope millions of users who have had W10 forced upon them... will abandon it ASAP!
Clicking the "Thanks" button is a great motivator and a much appreciated courtesy!
All member donations, no matter how small, go directly towards keeping the servers up and the lights on!

Return to “Everything Linux”