Moderator: Community Moderator

MARKING
Premium Uploader
Premium Uploader

Zorin OS 15 is here

Post by MARKING »

New computers.
Powered by Zorin OS.

We're partnering with computer manufacturers to provide the best Zorin OS experience out of the box.
21st June

We'll be launching exciting new Zorin OS computers here soon.

Why Zorin OS?

Linux is an extraordinary computer operating system. It powers everything from the U.S. Department of Defense, to the International Space Station, to most of the world's Internet servers and supercomputers. The reasons for this aren't difficult to find: it's fast, reliable, versatile and super secure, so it's resistant to viruses. Because it's Open Source, it's infinitely flexible and gives everyone the power to do anything with their computer.

Despite the enormous advantages it has over traditional operating systems, we recognized that the biggest barrier to the success of Linux on desktop computers was that it wasn't user-friendly enough. Linux-based operating systems were generally built for engineers by engineers, with little consideration for regular users. We decided to fix this.

We've designed Zorin OS to have the perfect blend of power and usability for everyone. Zorin OS was built to be as easy as possible, so you won't need to learn a thing to get started thanks to its familiar user interface. It comes loaded with all the apps and tools you need out of the box for browsing the web, working, playing and everything in between.

By bringing together the power of Linux and making it possible for anyone to use it, we've created an operating system that makes your computer better so you can achieve more than you could ever before.
caterwauls
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Zorin OS 15 is here

Post by caterwauls »

I almost installed it just not a couple days ago. It is ubuntu based and I was not wanting the canonical route. Also I believe it uses system.d though I could be wrong. I installed MX Linux v19beta1 last night. Debian 10 with xfce. I really wanted to use Zorin since v12 but MX just plain works and ships with system.d off by default but is a bootable option.
Last edited by caterwauls on 29 Aug 2019, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
OnTheLimit
R.I.P
R.I.P

Re: Zorin OS 15 is here

Post by OnTheLimit »

I've been a fan of Zorin but even more so of Mint (Cinnamon) for a while.

But based on Caterwauls' assessment, I just downloaded the ISOs for the 64- and 32-bit versions of MX... will give it a whirl on an orphaned laptop soon.

Thanks, Caterwauls! :ok:
Clicking the "Thanks" button is a great motivator and a much appreciated courtesy!
All member donations, no matter how small, go directly towards keeping the servers up and the lights on!

Return to “Everything Linux”